What is Maple Weekend?
Maple Weekend is a chance for the public to come to the farm to learn about New York’s maple sugarmaking processes and traditions and to provide a chance to taste pure maple syrup in its many forms – right from the source. This event is organized and sponsored by the New York State Maple Producers’ Association. We are proudly funded by both our members and the NYS Department of Agriculture.
Visitors to Maple Weekend can:
- TASTE a pure and natural food product at its freshest and in its many forms.
- LEARN how maple syrup and other maple confections are made.
- EXPERIENCE the unique family traditions of making maple syrup in New York State.
- CELEBRATE New York’s first agricultural harvest of the season in a family-friendly environment.
- MEET the producers who annually make New York the second largest maple producing state in the U.S.
- SHARE in the many ways to cook and bake with maple syrup, maple sap and other maple drinks and products.
- WITNESS sustainable agriculture at its best.