The Schaghticoke Fair, the 3rd oldest fair in New York State, returns this year bringing rides, exhibits, shows, entertainment and more!
A small town fair with a huge reputation, the Great Schaghticoke Fair draws people from near and far to enjoy the rides, great events, displays, activities and shows.
Agriculture and country culture is this Rensselaer County fair’s claim to fame, in addition to offering all the great rides, goodies and entertainment you’ve come to expect from a local fair.
A Ferris Wheel, Merry-Go-Round and other traditional carnival rides and games are perfect for young ones and the young at heart. Each ride is worth a certain amount of tickets (usually 1-3 tickets, depending on the ride). See below for unlimited ticket pricing.
With a park and tents featuring live music and entertainers, plus a grandstand overlooking fantastic motocross, demolition derby and tractor pulls, the Schaghticoke Fair has no shortage of great shows.
The Schaghticoke Fairgrounds are also host to buildings showcasing the agriculture of the region. Building after building will be bursting with displays, including vegetables, fruits, livestock, farm animals, equipment, antiques, baked goods and homemade crafts.
2017 Admission & Tickets
PARKING — FREE
Fair Announces $1 Day
- $1 admission all day
- $1 rides – any ride, all day (must buy at least 10 tickets at a time)
- $1 food and beverage – all food vendors will have a $1 menu selection
- Wed. Aug 30th Opening Day is $1 Day, Admission – $1
- Wed. Aug 30th is Military Appreciation Day, Veterans and Active Duty – Free with Military ID
- Thurs. Aug 31st is Senior Citizen Appreciation Day for seniors 62 and older – $5
- Adults Thurs – Mon – $11
- Children 13 & under – Free
- Season Pass (6 days) – $40
Wristbands for Unlimited Rides (does not include admission)
- Wednesday – Friday $21 Per Day
- Saturday – Monday – $23 Per Day
Advance Sale at Price Chopper
- Unlimited Rides Ticket $19