New York City Ballet Children’s Ballet Master Dena Abergel will audition area children to dance with New York City Ballet during its Saratoga season, July 14 and 15. Auditions are for the children’s roles in The Firebird.
Audition check-in will commence at 12:45 pm at the National Museum of Dance School of the Arts Studios. Please no phone calls regarding the audition.
- The ballet includes 14 roles for girls between the ages of 9-12 who are between 4 foot 5 inches to 5 feet tall.
- Students must have ballet training and be able to count music and follow specific instructions. However, the role does not require actual dancing. Therefore, there will be very few rehearsals to teach the students their role.
- Additionally, there are 2 small boy cape bearers age 7-9. No ballet training is required. They will hold the princess’ dress and walk with her. However, the boys must be able to follow instructions and have good focus.
- There are 6 flag bearers who can be played by teenage boys age 15 or older, or young men with a dancer’s build. This role requires only walking and holding a flag.
- The audition will take place on May 28 at 1:30pm. Those chosen for the cast will rehearse for about an hour after the audition. Monday, May 29, we will rehearse from 10-11am.
Performances are Friday and Saturday, July 14 & 15 at 8pm. There will be a review rehearsal on Friday, July 14, followed by a stage rehearsal on Friday afternoon, specific times TBD.